Directionality Explained

I have read it argued against by those who think they know
Here is proof
Paul Speltz Founder of ANTICABLES shares his thoughts about wire directionality. Dear Fellow Audiophiles, As an electronic engineer, I struggled years ago with the idea of wire being directional because it did not fit into any of the electrical models I had learned. It simply did not make sense to me that an alternating music signal should favor a direction in a conductor. One of the great things about our audio hobby is that we are able to hear things well before we can explain them; and just because we can’t explain something, doesn't mean that it is not real. 

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/05/wire-directionality.html#more
tweak1
If the impact on frequency response is <0.1db there is little(no) evidence we can detect a difference and even more variance at the upper end of the spectrum to detect a difference. Now try to find a cable not inherently directional, i.e. with circuitry that has 0.1db difference in the audio spectrum by changing direction. Feel free to use square waves for tests with bandwidth limiting and real speakers for transmission line effects.
I don’t think it’s just one number. Anyway, I think our audible perception of music is a bit more complicated than just one or two simple measurements.

Also why ".1dB"? Somebody would come here and say "no, it’s more like 0.08dB". It seems a bit arbitrary.  And it comes back to what has been said "who gets to decide?".

Also you may have a situation in which you have a set of cables all will meet your "0.1dB" threshold, but they all will sound different for obvious reason.
I think human hearing is just to complicated to be analyzed by just one or two numbers.  
Instruments cannot capture the entire event in any way approaching how we hear. They can only capture a pre determined aspect of a sound.