Digital seperates, better than single player?

Hi I'm looking to upgrade my Digital.I've seen a lot of seperates for sale and need to hear some feedback on how seperates compare to single box units.how much of a problem with jitter,and best data lnk to use.
i've been looking at theta seperates.
thanks mike
hiendmmoe

Showing 1 response by jb7272

Well just had to say to BOMARC you need to get out more ! I have had a Technics cd player , Toshiba DVD/CD player , Panasonic DVD/CD player, Theta transport, Proceed transport ,and finally my current transport - A Mark Levinson NO. 37 using a Lexicon DC-1 as the DAC and WOW just can not believe how much better the 37 makes everything sound !!!!! I bought the 37 without ever hearing one and knew it would probably be similar to the Proceed which before was my favorite of the bunch to date but my expectations were a little underestimated to what the 37 would do . The clarity and detail FAR SURPASSED my expectations and BLEW AWAY THE PROCEED !!!!!!!!! And as far as opening the door to jitter the Levinson NO. 37 SLAMMED IT SHUT!!!!!!! What jitter?????? If you have the money go for the separates!!!!!!