Digital Cable Recommendations

All,

I am looking to upgrade from my Nordost Silver Shadow cable. I can do RCA or BNC with adapters. The Silver Shadow plays bigger than its price point, but something is missing. I do prefer a warmer presentation. Greatly appreciate some suggestions!

128x128jeffreyw

I have found low end Nordost not that good and high end Nordost simply spectacular.

I would recommend Cardas Clear. Should fit what you are looking for. 

@ghdprentice

+1 (emphasis added) …. On both counts. This is the best advice you will get in this thread.

from personal experience, avoiding disappointment vis-a-vis something lacking from LEIF model level NORDOST cables is real. I heartily concur that until you move up to their NORSE model levels at a minimum , or preferably better …. look elsewhere. There is a reason why many audio expo exhibitors use NORDOST VALHALLA cables . ( but these are $$$$$)

I’ve owned NORDOST PURPLE FLARE, NORDOST FREY, and NORDOST HEIMDALLs. I’ve auditioned them all in the LEIF and NORSE model range. The FREYS gave me a sweet spot between performance and budget. I also found CHORD RUMOUR and ODYSSEY cables at a lower price outperformed the PURPLE FLAREs and the rest of the LEIF models in my systems,

I also enthusiastically recommend CARDAS CLEAR as my go-to top performer.

I upgraded my entire cables loom to CARDAS CLEAR from NORDOST FREY. The FREYs were very good, but an irritating digital “edge” / and upper level brightness persisted . With the intro to the CC loom, it was thankfully tamed along with an upgrade in audio performance that was not subtle..