Different types of cable for bi-wire

Any issue with doing high gauge silver cable for the the high frequencies (24 or 26 AWG), while using a low gauge copper cable for the lower frequencies (like a 10 AWG)? I am thinking if they are the same length there might not be an issue here, but wanted to confirm. Was wondering if there could be any sort of timing issue or other issue with the different conduit. Thanks
bstatmeister
I have been biwiring my speakers for over 30 years.  I have always used two runs of the same cable or cables with the same wire gauge and geometry. I have avoided biwire-ready cables because having the bass run and mid/treble run encased in the same jacket allows for too much negative interaction between the two.

+1 on Al's remarks above.
Harmonic Technology used to sell bi-cable (magic series) where one was called "woofer" and one was called "tweeter". Same construction materials but different gauges. Hope this helps.
"Harmonic Technology used to sell bi-cable (magic series) where one was called "woofer" and one was called "tweeter"."

Many cable companies have sold this and other designs marked "woofer" and "tweeter". A highly respected speaker company says you should only use two separate runs of identical cable. Also, keep in mind some speaker companies have just added the ability to bi-wire as "audio fashion" rather than a specific design. Some speaker companies never added the feature and some have removed it.

The water has always been very muddy and likely will stay that way, so think twice before jumping in.

http://www.sonicdesign.se/biwire.html

I would highly recommend using the same cable for both, or at least same manufacturer and in similar quality. There’s subtle difference (and sometimes more than subtle) between different cables and manufacturers and you will hear that as a disconnect between midrange and the highs.
Post removed