Different & inconsistent sound quality

I am noticing different sound quality from my audio system, depending on when I listen to them. My system consists of Krell integrated amp, B&W CDM 1SE, and Sony DVP-7700. They are connected with Transparent ML Super interconnect and MIT T2 Biwire speaker cable. For example, in the moring and very late night, piano recordings sound very clean, detailed, and transparent, however, in late afternoon or evening, it seems that some of piano notes from the same CD sound very dull and veiled. The phenomenon is true of other recordings of cello, violin, and etc. I suspect that AC noise has to do with the problem, so as a first step, I consider upgrading stock power cord for my integrated amp to a better one such as Transparent PowerLink Super or others. Could anyone help me with any possible solutions to the problem I'm experiencing? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
jwminf9e7
I experience the same thing. Lots of microwave energy where I live (near Cape Canaveral, KSC) also there is more active radio interference during the day than late in the evening or early morning. Without some type of filtering there isn't much you can do. Sounds like you might want to check out one of those PS Audio P300 power generators, would certainly help you with clean power and filtering out the nasties that is affecting enjoyment of the system. I bought a pair of Enacoms passive RFI filters, that helped. Audio Prism also has a product called quiet lines that plug into the wall outlet I have heard that the work well. Both of the above are inexpensive and are probably a good place to start.
Hi. Dito from the comments made by Tubegroover, as I own or have owned all the products mentioned. Also, if you have the means, a nice dedicated 20 amp curcuit for your system would do very well. Also, checking your system grounds is also important. Happy listening! Regards, Bill M.
I always wondered if it was just me or other people noticed the change is sound quality too. I knew I wasn't imagining it, but always wondered if the situation was common. Anyway, I use two of the Blue Circle Noise Hounds now, and have found much more consistent sound quality in my system. I had tried some power cords, which made some sonic differences, but did not make the sound any more consistent. Whereas the Noise Hounds made the system sound as good during the day as it does late at night. Thus, the hypothesis of noisy lines certainly seems believable to me.
Definitely you have noisy power. PS 300 is not a cheap one. I suggest the dedicated line +ground separate and some power line conditioner. At least a HTS 2000 from Monster at 200.00 retail could be a fix if there's the 1000 I think versio cheaper but with less plug capabilities. Check monster site. Generally amps do better direct to wall so new power cord is a sound option.... Best with dedicated line. Regards
Thanks so much for responses. They were quite informative and helpful. I guess that power noise problem seems to be a more seious matter than I initially thought. I will look into all the suggestions and report back what happens. Thank you so much again!!