different connectors for component output on Muse?

I own a Muse model nine sig gen 3 CD/DVD player and today I tried to hook up a component cable with RCA type jacks and they do not fit. the back of the Muse says component but it has an outer jacket that sticks out about 1/2 inch or so and no way the RCA plug will fit. Is this common? If so, what is it called and where can I buy one?

thank you,

It's a BNC connector. You can buy adapters that will allow you to use your RCA terminated interconnects.
thank you Narrod
I also have a MUSE 9 sig gen 3. The BNC connector is technically better as it is really 75 ohms. BNC to RCA cables exist, but it is not worth paying a lot of money to get them. You can find the BNC to RCA adapters at Radio Shack.