Differences between cable sound.

Posting for a friend just getting into 2 channel. He's buying a phono pre and I suggested getting a better interconnect. Since he's low on cash the suggestion was made to get some copper cables from Blue Jean for starters. Now he's starting to do some reading and came back with"I read that silver are so much better". I tried telling him not better but different. In general terms, what do you folks think is the difference between the sound of copper, silver and gold in interconnects?

Thanks, Boss302
boss302

Showing 1 response by boss302

Elizabeth, love the answer. The cable question again. I've been around here a long time and I tried explaining to him what I thought and maybe I didn't know the right words for a newbie. Explaining PRAT, sibilance, brightness, zing on the top end, loss of the low end and the list goes on. And you know, I looked in the archives but I wanted to get answers on one thread so I could point him to it. Maybe other newbies might find it interesting too. Being from Wisconsin also and going through the fiasco of Braun got me thinking of helping my friend. Bring the info on my friends!

Bossman