Difference in Using Mono-blocs with Maggie 20.7's

Peoples:  I've had Maggie 20.7's for about two years.  I like them.  I have a McIntosh MC462 amp that generates 450 watts pc and does a good job.  However I'm considering going to mono-blocs in search of an improvement in sound quality.  What is the likelihood of that being the case?  I've read much over time about how amp's can make such a difference in sound quality.  

Anyone out there make this change, and if so to what result?  Otherwise any other useful feedback is welcome.   

normantaylor

The advantage of monoblocks is being able to keep the amps very near the speakers so as to keep the speaker cable as short as possible. The lower the impedance of the speaker the more important this becomes- really helps when you want to get bass impact and greater vocal definition!

Maggies allow you to place the amp right behind the speaker so its possible to run speaker cables  that are only 6-8 inches in length. I've seen this transform the performance of the system- in particular when tube amplifiers are involved.

russ69

Why do you think I’d like the Parasound JC1’s? I looked at them briefly.  Nice price point.  What have you heard them drive?

My brother had them with his 3.6 Maggies. They mix really well with Maggies. Make sure you have a world class pre-amp. I ran some small Maggies with a 400wpc MacIntosh amp and I can tell you the Parasound is a giant step up the chain.