Difference between Pass Labs XA160.5 an X600.5?

Hi all,

I currently own a set of Parasound JC-1's to drive Dynaudio Confidence C4's. Although they match very well, I currently look for ´the next step`. Based on several reviews I read, Pass Labs seems to be a very good substitute for the JC-1's. I doubt however if the XA160.5 are powerfull enough. Why? Today I integrated my Velodyne DD-18 with the C4's and I heard the soundstage changing when I but my Velodyne DD-18 subwoofer on/off (at a crossover frequency of 50Hz). Apparently my 800W RMS JC-1 (into 4 Ohm) can't drive the C4's full range?!? The price difference between the XA160.5/XA200.5 and X600.5/X1000.5 is however significantly (i.e the price of a XP-20 I intend to buy). X600.5 is class A upto 80W (so seems are safer alternative than the XA160.5).

I will try to listen to both amplifiers on short time notice here in the Netherlands, but has anyone already heard both these amps and if so, what are the difference?

Thanks!
jean_sibelius

Showing 4 responses by garygallegospe

I will soon have a pair of Pass labs Xa-200.5 to a/b against a New pair of Pass labs X1000.5 I will Post some thoughts Soon. Thanks for the replies.
Gary G.
I found the Pass Labs XA200.5 amps to be more Musical. I would say the 200 watts of class A sound make a huge impression. With the X1000.5 there was more Bass control.
Peterayer,
I kept the Xa 200.5 amps over the X1000.5. They are so much more musical. I find that all the recorded and store bought cd media have so much more information. I mean They sound so much better. My system is in a whole new level of sound. Scary Magical after a short warm up.