Difference between amps

OK so let's talk amps.  I'm sure this has been addressed before but are there real differences between  multi-channel amps among the various brands in the mid-fi to high end markets with comparable specifications? Adcom, Anthem, Classe, Emotiva, Krell, McIntosh, Marantz, NAD, Parasound, Outlaw, Rotel, etc.  What are the differences in these brands?   I can site one difference.  In multi-channel Marantz amps, the specs never state "all channels driven".  They are notorius for misleading the consumer with their power output ratings.  But that's a marketing decision. What are the real or should I say physical or performance differences among these?  .  
pdn

Showing 1 response by larry5729

I ended up with an ARCAM AVR 550.  However, I wish I could have afforded to pay $5,800 for the ARCAM AVR 850.  Their G technology is incredible, as the first 50 watts are pure A.  I had a real problem with their customer support and they are probably the worst in the business.  He was a real jerk and hid behind his phone.  Not sure what I would buy less because I want to be able to have an amplifier that can handle both 2 channel and home theater.  When the time comes I will call upon this group to help direct me.