Difference between Amperex 6922 pinched waist tube

I wonder if there are differences in the Amperex 6922 pinched waist gold pin tubes that I have heard about. I see some were made in Holland and some were made in the US. Is one supposed to be superior to the other. I have read that they are pretty much the holy grail of Amperex tubes. I just picked up some Siemens CCa tubes and really am impressed but figure I may as well see what else is in their league. Thanks for any advice as I could always use it.
nicksgem10s

Showing 1 response by mechans

My advice is only second hand from a pro tube dealer I use from England. I own the Siemens 6922 but not the CCa but even the standard West German one is perhaps the best of my growing collection, I just purchased a A "Marconi" = Mullard E88CC. A very different sound indeed. This is what he had to say on your question:

"The gold plated grid posts ,the pinched shape and the scarcity probably increase the 'tube ego' of the owner rather than please the user with the sound ;) I can't remember if I mentioned it before but I am certain one of the favourite 6DJ8 Ihave tried was the CV2493 otherwise known as theE88CC-01 . These were actually made to be better rather than selected like a CV2492/E88CC/6922/CCA"

That being said I have yet to find any CV2493s for sale-