Differance between Avantgarde version 2 & 3

I am thinking of purchasing a Avantgarde Duo speakers but do not know what differences exist between a Duo version 2 and Duo version 3. Is it the subs or do the speakers have upgraded drive units? I am aware of the differences between the 2.1, 2.2 ect.
Can any one tell me?
russellb

Showing 1 response by tubes108

Hey Chris, happy that you are pleased with your Duos. You are 100% correct, the Black Diamond Racing cones/feet are new to and included in 3.0 series of Duos.

Also, I think (though am not 100% about this) that it was with the 3.0 Duos that the crossover network between the mid & treble horns was eliminated "leaving virtually no crossover components in the path to degrade the sound" & which I believe caused a slight increase in efficiency.

Like most high end speakers, it takes some time to fine tune the Duos to maximize their performance. They are fairly unique speakers and as such, require great attention to positioning and subwoofer settings and may necessitate making changes in your electronics and cables (interconnects, speaker, and power cords). Simply using your existing gear, no matter how well they worked with your previous speakers, may limit your system's performance.

Just one example: significant gains in many sonic areas can be achieved by replacing the stock 3.0 series Cardas power cords. I use the new power cord from Basis Audio and their use on the Duos is equivalent to that of a significant component upgrade. Like an addictive drug, after hearing the improvements there is no going back to the Cardas.