Did I make a mistake with my Nautilus 805?

One of the things that came to my mind yesterday was how tight were the woofer screws of my N805. I noticed that the screws were very slightly "loose" so I decided to tighten them all the way down. Now I am worried as to if I made a mistake by doing this and if the sound can be affected. Subjetively I did not find any diference in sound after this, but I was wondering if B&W intentionally leaves the screws a tad loose for some purpose? What do you guys think? Thanks for your thoughts.
kimu_itoe6ad

Showing 1 response by ellery911

Tireguy...I have always read what you have to say to people and believe that you are very insightful. I support you 100% in this forum. It is best to be honest in every situation. As my father told me..."If you always tell the truth, you dont have to have as good of a memory"

With regards to the situation at hand here, Kimu, you made an honest mistake with your speakers...however, it was you that made that mistake and you that should accept responsibility for it. At least it was not an expensive mistake and all you really need to do is call B&W and tell them what happened. If they concur that purchasing a simple tool from Sears will remedy the problem, then buy that tool. I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things, if you can afford $2000 speakers then you can afford to buy a tool to fix them. no need to use sears as a tool rent-a-center.

Peace