Did any Amp help you understand lyrics better?

I am purposely eliminating the obvious aspects of improved resolution of lyrics such as speakers and any type of source as it relates to players, streamers, wiring, cabling, connects, room treatments, TT’s and the assorted do-dads considered "tweaks" people try to sell us.
In your opinion, did any amp or combination thereof, help proliferate the hearing of lyrics that you could not quite catch what they were saying before you switched out your old amplification?

I realize this might be a hard question to answer as "switching out" usually happens with other stuff as well as I have outlined in my first sentence.

I am curious if anyone else has benefitted or noticed something in this regard with just "an amp" change.
arro222

Showing 4 responses by arro222

It’s like this. I used to sell audio equipment. With the plethora of A/B switching of amps to speakers to players, etc, etc we did for customers, I don’t think I ever stopped or tried to "center" on just this aspect alone.
There were just too many variables beyond the obvious when a person would bring in their Onkyo receiver to match up to an ARC combo.

Sure obvious things like dynamics, timbre, overall resolution, openess, warm, bright etc. were duly noted, I cannot recall singling out this particular aspect. The myriad of "variables" were just too great.
People around here have some "good stuff" to say the least. I think I’m trying to ascertain that say when a person went from, I dunno, say a Pass or Luxman something or other to something like a Line Magnetic or Triangle Art, etc, if that did anything in the regard I’m mentioning.

Here’s another thing, I "left" the stores in 2001 after 30 years of being in the business hands on. I remained a financial "partner" until 2008 or until they all finally closed.
Things have vastly altered in that time frame.
Just trying to further my wonderment.

Doug:
I dealt with both low and high end stuff. What you describe is dead on and leaves me to believe I worded my question incorrectly.

The "apparent" pick up on this was certainly in focus when comparing low end to high end.