Devore Silverback Refrence VS Egglestone Nines

Dear Friends,
Amplification is a Pure Class A Monoblocks XA.60.5 from Pass labs - Which one do you think is a good fit? audition is impossible if not difficult for me.
thegoodarcher

Showing 1 response by reynolds853

I have not heard either of the speakers but want to comment about the The Nines speakers. I have friends whose ears I trust greatly and they like the Eggleston speakers a lot.

The thing about the Eggleston speakers that would interest me is that they use the Dynaudiio Esotar tweeter, which I like.

My speakers are Silverline Bolero which use all Dynaudio drivers, including the Esotar. It may be worth considering them too. I also know a professional audio reviewer who lives here and he uses Pass amplifiers for his reviews, and his personal speakers are Silverline LaFolias (the first generation that used the Esotar tweeter). I don't think you would make a mistake with either of the two speakers you are considering, but I also think the Boleros would match well too based on what I know about how well Alan Yun's speakers (Sivelrine) work with Pass amplifiers.