Devialet Phantom Elevate vs KEF LS50 Wireless + SVS SB-13 ultra subwoofer

OK, so here's the predicament that I am stuck in. I recently downsized my big rig and have one SB-13 leftover (had dual) I'm moving to a space with a smaller living room. Which is the preferable choice sound wise? The Phantoms or the LS50W+SB13?

My guess is that the LS50W+SB13 would take the win on this in most areas, but the phantoms are less space-intrusive and are arguably cooler looking. Is this the general consensus or do we think otherwise? before you mention it, the phantom golds aren't really in the budget, I wish they were, but money doesn't grow on trees!

My previous system was Mac Mini > Peachtree Nova125 > Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 > Dual SVS SB-13
128x128aenergi

Showing 1 response by mallen123

aenergi
Since you had the golds before, how would you rate the gold phantoms for refinement, resolution and bass quality compared to other active speakers in the $8 to $20k range?

Only active speakers I have heard extensively, were the AvantGarde Zeros.  While they played loud and were dynamic, they gave up a lot of refinement and resolution compared to AVs' larger conventionally powered Duo line.

Specs look great on the Gold, but i don't want to give up a lot in terms of resolution and refinement.