Despriately looking for amp for Maggies 20.1

Blew a fuse on AR 110's krank speakers to preformance levels most of the time
using a Anthem 5A for surround speakers. now thinking of bi-amping or 500+ mono blocks I need a series of opinions of people who actually have owned them and driven them
128x128travni123
I don't own 20.1's but have heard them many times. bi-amping or using 4 mono amps is the way to go if you really want them to perform. One of my friends used 4 bryston (I do not remember which model) mono's with the bryston crossover. My preference would be for levinson, pass, Krell or similar highend amps (since the load on the 20.1's drops down to below 4 ohms.) They are great when you have enough power. Of course your needs will depend on the room etc.
One of the larger Rogue tube amps.

I've heard this with those Maggies....very nice!
The EAD powermaster series are a very good match.The 1000 that I am using doesn't show any weakness at any volume(up to about 95db) and the sound quality is exceptional.I'm biamping with 4 of the 5 channels which adds to the overall performance but it does a great job 1 on 1.
A pair of the new Sanders Sound Systems ESL Mono Amps will clamp onto those babies and never let go. Buttloads of power and control.
I power my MG-20's with a pair of Threshold SA-1's on the bass panels and a pair of Pass Labs XA-100's for the midrange/ribbon tweeters. If it's in your budget try to biamp your 20.1's and the Pass Labs X-.5 series or the XA-.5 really would make them "sing".