Desktop single-driver speakers?

I have enjoyed the Sony SRS ZX1 desktop speakers for many years, and am looking for an upgrade. These are small active single-driver speakers with a special «mobius duct» or C-formed extended bass port that makes them play more bass than expected from such small (7.5 by 3.1 by 7 inches) speakers (further described here: https://www.popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2008-06/secret-bass/ ).

They are great for nearfield listening at low-moderate volume, e g late night listening in my home office, not waking everyone else in our house, throwing a limited but high quality soundscape.

They benefit from the bass port – and even more, from the single-driver solution. I have experience with the Audioengine A5+, the Aurum Cantus 2 SE, and some small Elacs – all are two-way, and I give a plus to the one-way Sony ZX1 (even if this is otherwise a more limited speaker), for coherence, due to no crossover, but rather trying to solve problems acoustically.

In my system, including an OTL tube headphone amp into the gain chain (reducing problems with the s-state internal amp in the speakers), and some DIY stands raising them from the desktop, they have worked very well indeed.

I have looked in vain for upgrades from Sony, and have not seen much else in this way, either, from other companies. Maybe someone else can fill me out?

I am looking for single driver speakers with desktop or small monitor dimensions, preferably easy to drive for a low power tube amp. They can be active speakers, like the ZX1, or passive. The room is 12 x 9 x 7 feet, but I am mainly listening nearfield just 3-5 feet away from the speakers. I am looking for the best nearfield moderate volume sound, not speakers or amps that can «fill» the room with volume.  

Ag insider logo xs@2xo_holter
@dekay - I contacted the Ebay Arche Fr2 seller, but got no answer. Maybe not operative? I wonder if anyone on Audiogon has tried the speakers. One thing that makes me hesitate, is that one of the reviewers wrote that they need quite a bit of volume/power to get going.
Check out the Tannoy Autograph Mini. I heard a pair driven by a Luxman 10wpc tube amp (model 150 something), wonderful.  
Thanks to @mesch and others. I will try to check out all your good suggestions, that are obviously more informed than what you get googling "best desktop speakers" and the like. I may buy the FR2 plus their matching amp. Just to know how it sounds. Because their sound philosophy plus the reviews appeal to me. Maybe a total mistake. Time will tell.
I have ordered the Arche audio desktop system, FR2 speakers plus amp. We’ll see. I am well aware that it will be a limited design but I am interested nevertheless.
For now, I want to notice the importance of stands and positioning, for desktop speakers. My active Sony speakers, that I hope the new system will outperform, would not have done half as good, if I had just placed them on the desktop. I have them on solid metal stands, so the driver is horisontal to my ears. Big improvement. If you can dampen your speakers from above, too, there may be one more improvement. I have tried this also with Audioengine speakers. In a bookshelf, they sounded bad, but with top damping (using books, "clamping" the speaker), it was somewhat better, and on stands, much better. Just my five cents free advice. Positioning and damping of speakers is important not just in the main rig but also at the desktop.

^^^ Interesting little system,looking forward to your comments on performance..If you like what you hear & look to move up I HIGHLY recommend the tiny size,HUGE sounding Audience Clairaudient 1+1..Simply blown away by the performance of these bi-pole/passive radiator augmented tiny titans..