Desk Top Passive Monitor $500 used or less

Picked up a Cambridge Sonata AR30 compact receiver (40W @ 8 ohms) and now looking for a pair of speakers at $500 used or less. Heard good things about the Cambridge S30 and really like the small size -- 9" high, 6" wide.

Will set-up on my desk at work, near field primarily, listening to female jazz vocals as well as Miles Davis, Stan Getz, John Coltrane.

Looking for suggestions as I may be able to do better than the S30 (maybe not).
stevensctt
I have a pair of the S30's and they're great speakers, especially at the price. Be aware that while the front measures 9" x 6" they're a little more than 9" deep and take up a fair amount of real estate.

The speakers I use on my desk are JohnBlue JB3's. They're single driver speakers but have remarkable bass for their size and are considerably more refined sounding on vocals and acoustic music than the S30's. They're substantially smaller than the S30's, as well, and beautifully finished. I use them with a 10 watt tube integrated and am extremely happy with the sound. No idea how they'd sound with the AR30, though.
I also use the JohnBlue JB3's. They are great sounding desktop speakers for near-field listening. When I was searching for a pair last fall I could not find a US dealer or North American distributor. I contacted JohnBlue Audio in Taiwan using the contact button on their website and I was able to buy a pair direct from the manufacturer in Taiwan. They shipped them in about a week and they gave me a fantastic price which was at or below the MSRP, even including shipping from Taiwan.
Sfar and Reubent -- Thanks for your comments regarding the JohnBlue JB3 as they appear to be exactly what I'm looking for.

I sent an email through the JB website inquiring about buying direct.

In the meantime, I'll post a "Wanted to Buy" on AudiogoN and see if something is available. If anyone has a pair of JohnBlue JB3 for sale, please contact me: stevenapier1 "at" msn.com
Stevensctt,

If you end up buying a pair of JB3's come back to this thread and let us know what you think of them. I like mine a lot....
"If you end up buying a pair of JB3's come back to this thread and let us know what you think of them. I like mine a lot....
Reubent"

I will. Ordered directly from JB, easy and straight forward. Good communication from Fiona.

Based on your experience, should have them next week.