Desire to try tubes

So I am new to this have no audio contacts, and low budget it seems based on reading forum. I inherited my brothers Heresy I’s (and LP /CD collection) two years ago and started my journey. First bought a Rega P3 and Rega Fono stage running with existing 20 yo Denon 5.1. Then upgraded the Hereseys from Crites with crossovers and new tweeters (46 yo units). Months later after research and savings bought Stellar GCD and Stellar S 300 amp along with Syzygy SLF 870 sub from Underwoodwally. Nice! Next Marantz 6006 CD as transport and Underwood Emerald Physics and Core Power gold power cords and speaker cables. As able Audio Quest entry connects for all. Each move improved sound. Added a Bluesound node 2i as well only listening to Pandora though. I have no reference to options as I’ve only owned Hereseys and never heard a tube amp in a home and am very curious if a tube pre-amp would be a big plus? If I tried one could muster up to 5k. Just looking for the best sound quality I can afford.
Room is 14.6 x 14.10 x sloped ceiling 8-13’ with 5’ flat section at 13.
128x128bilyeauxbrew
Billeauxbrew,
You have received some very good recommendations.
You have several factors in your favor that can help you fulfill your stated goal. 1Your speakers are both high sensitivity and are known to be easy to drive. You do not require much power so the focus can be on power quality as opposed to quantity.

2 Yout budget range opens the door for some really fine options.
3 Your room dimensions aren’t cavernous so again no need to chase high power amplification.

Some have suggested tube integrated amplifiers and that makes a lot of sense. However I don’t agree with the idea that seperates components are a waste of time. Not true. For roughly the same cost of a Raven Blackhawk integrated here is a highly competitive alternative using seperates.

Atma-Sphere UV-1 preamplifier that utilizes a very simple class A circuit using 6SN7 tubes. Built and backed by the esteemed Ralph Karsten.

Coincident Dynamo MK III el 34 in a single ended pure class A circuit that’d hard wired. 8 watts (Plenty for your speakers and certainly your room size). This is a very high quality built amplifier.

These two excellent separate components will provide you superb sound quality for very reasonable cost. For a bit more money the Dynamo can be built as a 300b SET rather than the SEP el 34. This combo will give any similar priced tube integrated a serious run for the money and may possibly exceed them. There’s plenty of information and reviews available for both of these highly regarded components.
Charles
Charles, you can always be counted on for providing balanced and thoughtful responses.
skypunk- @millercarbon how much is Raven paying you?

That’s an insult, not an argument.

considering my experience with the Blackhawk must be a lot.

Really. You don’t say. No, I mean literally. You don’t say.

With only 116 posts it only took me a minute to scan them all and see no threads related to the Blackhawk you supposedly own. There are however a whole bunch of times you say how much you love your Raven speakers. So apparently its okay for you to recommend Raven. But not me.

There’s words for when people are so dishonest, assume for themselves rights they would deny others, and insult people for no good reason. It would seem you’ve earned the right to be called all of them.

Unless you are able to show how Raven is paying me, which you can’t, because they aren’t, then this would be a good time for you to apologize for insulting me. Or let the whole world know what a bloody hypocrite you are.

Your choice.
The Supratek was a great addition to my system, there are many good tube preamps and amps. Check the Supratek threads as well as the Don Sachs preamps. Both use 6SN7 output tubes. 
The Hereseys are efficient so you don't need lots of power. I have high efficiency speakers as well, all tubes. Just be careful, even with tubes you can get a bright presentation, especially with Klipsch.