Describe the "new HiFi sound"?

Recently had a discussion with an audio friend over the word "musical" and what this word means to each of us with regard to sound from different amplifiers and speakers. Some debate too.  And, reading this other comment on Agon once in a while...how some equipment has the "new HiFi sound".  

ASK: 

Can someone describe this, in your words, what is the new HiFi Sound to you?  Examples? Or, opposites of the new HiFi sound, what does this sound like?

decooney

Atmos
Surround sound technology for home cinema and cinema; typically having a 5.1 or 7.1 setup with additional ceiling speakers or ceiling-directed speakers for home cinemas

Who talks about Elton John as a pianist? He is a piano player who early on wrote many great songs (the music only). it was rumored he only played 4 chords, although I doubt that.

Billy Joel is a better musician than Elton and he wrote music and lyrics. Sold a lot less records though....Wouldn't call him a pianist either.

@dave_b 

I appreciate your reply. Before we start a debate re: Atmos, immersive audio for music, or object vs channel based systems I have one question. Do you have a system in your home that is properly setup for immersive audio? 

You can see my system in my profile. thx.