Describe the "new HiFi sound"?

Recently had a discussion with an audio friend over the word "musical" and what this word means to each of us with regard to sound from different amplifiers and speakers. Some debate too.  And, reading this other comment on Agon once in a while...how some equipment has the "new HiFi sound".  

ASK: 

Can someone describe this, in your words, what is the new HiFi Sound to you?  Examples? Or, opposites of the new HiFi sound, what does this sound like?

decooney

Listen to the New Sound

Same as the Old Sound

Don't get fooled again 

An inexperienced individual with money is liable to do or say just about anything imaginable.  The problem is most of it will be meaningless.

Find YOUR truth and enjoy!

I agree that today’s sound is different and I believe it is because everything it’s went through analog mixing boards and now they’re digital.  Everything was recorded on tape and now is digital. Electronics have been “Improved”. Speakers have been “improved”.  Turntables, arms, cartridges, wires, phono preamps etc, have been “improved”. And the list goes on.

Save for the fact there is little pure analogue being sold today (i.e. very few LPs are recorded AAA any more) there is no generic 'new hi-fi sound.

There has always been a wide range of 'sounds' and will continue to be.

And if it is suggested a 'new' sound is better than what came before, modern equipment does not always sound better than old.