DEQX

I’m very new to this. I read several posts concerning deqx, but am still confused and wonder if it’s for me. To all who have first hand experience, pls give me your thoughts and experiences. I was mainly looking for a room correction device, but see the new model “5” has all I need to stream. My son has been trying to get me to try streaming, but I have resisted. Looks like this may be a good reason to incorporate it into my sources. From what I’ve read, seems like a very complicated set-up procedure. Also, where would it be placed in my system? I have a TT, CD player, a phono stage, line stage and two monoblocks. Last question: since I do not stream, will a laptop also be needed?  BTW-I have Wilson MaxxII’s. It seemed in the posts, it mattered a great deal, which speaker you’re using.
handymann
@handymann My pleasure, Steve. I will be interested in hearing how it turns out for you. I watched my computer screen as Larry did his magic for me. He let me ask him any question I wanted while he worked. It was a great learning experience and he made my system sound much better than I did on my own.
Regards
Al
@astewart8944 
I “ talked”to Larry yesterday and it looks like I’m going to have to wait until around the first of February, due to him being out of town till Jan 15th and he said it takes about two weeks to receive, after my order:(. I’m going to take the time, to become more familiar with the Deqx.  What are you thoughts on my running about a 20’ spdif cable to the Deqx?  Right now I running two balanced cables analog out of my Miles player, tomylinestage.  If I decide to keep the Kora , I’ll run 20’ balanced cables from it to the Deqx.  Conventional wisdom tells me, the shorter the cable the better, but I’ve read where 20’ will be ok.
Steve
@handymann I'm a big proponent of running what you already own and taking stock of how it sounds before spending more money. Several A'goners strictly adhere to 1.5 meter SPDIF cables. And I confess that I only buy 1.5 meter SPDIF cables. But, I have run a long (I think it was 10 feet but I could be mistaken) SPDIF cable that came with my Jeff Rowland Aeris DAC. I thought it sounded really good. When I decided to try and move the system up a notch, I went with a new 1.5 meter SPDIF cable. I think it made a lot of positive difference--my sound wasn't broken before at all. But, the specific SPDIF mattered to my ears. And BTW not every change I have tried has made a material difference to me.
Regards
Al   
@astewart8944 :
Thanks for your expertise Al.  I have a very good Premium Transparent digital cable I purchased, when I bought my Miles CD player. I will use it, to set up the Deqx unit when it arrives.  I spoke with Larry and he’s going to fix it where I receive my unit, about the time he gets back to the states.  I’m very anxious to get involved with it.
Steve