DEQ2496 - Jitter issue

Dear all,
I am using a DEQ2496 and I would like to better understand jitter issues. This device is equipped with an auto-sync function which should auto synchronize the DEQ2496 with, e.g the digital source through the ESB/EBU input. Let's imagine that I have enough money :) to buy an Apogee Big Ben that I would fit between my CD drive and the DEQ2496. I suppose that my DEQ would be synchronized with the big ben on a very stable and accurate frequency, the jitter should be minimised and the internal clock quality (quartz) of the Behringer not an issue. Am I wrong?
Could this noticeably improve the sound quality or is the direct ESB/EBU connection between a good CD drive and the DEQ good enough (The DEQ being synchronized with the drive clock)?
dominique_tanguy

Showing 1 response by dominique_tanguy

Thank you very much for your contributions. I also own a Benchmark DAC 1. I have tried to connect it behind the DEQ2496, in order to take care of the digital output. Surprinsiggly, I found that the DAC 1 was not sounding as good as the analog output of the DEQ. I need to find a good AES cable to redo this test (I was using an optical output).
My question is related to the benefit, or not, to upgrade the internal clock of the DEQ...