DEQ2496 - Jitter issue

Dear all,
I am using a DEQ2496 and I would like to better understand jitter issues. This device is equipped with an auto-sync function which should auto synchronize the DEQ2496 with, e.g the digital source through the ESB/EBU input. Let's imagine that I have enough money :) to buy an Apogee Big Ben that I would fit between my CD drive and the DEQ2496. I suppose that my DEQ would be synchronized with the big ben on a very stable and accurate frequency, the jitter should be minimised and the internal clock quality (quartz) of the Behringer not an issue. Am I wrong?
Could this noticeably improve the sound quality or is the direct ESB/EBU connection between a good CD drive and the DEQ good enough (The DEQ being synchronized with the drive clock)?
dominique_tanguy

Showing 1 response by cruz123

There's a ton of discussion about jitter here an on other audio sites. Do some reading and you will find that it is a controversial topic. After doing quite a bit of reading myself, it is my opinion that the levels of jitter in modern digital gear are largely inaudible and that trying to correct already nominal levels of jitter with devices such as you describe are largely ineffective and/or inaudible as well. Just my two cents, YMMW, etc.