Depth of sound stage--I need help

I have a 14x18 listening room with Audio Physic Tempo EXs on the short wall set up per Cardas speaker placement guidelines. I am running Quicksilver Silver 60 mono amps(older version) with a VTL 2.5 preamp, and a Sony SACD 333ES changer. I have Silver Audio interconnects an DH-Labs Q-10 speaker cable. On the power end I am using a Monster Cable HTS1000 surge protector and Synergystic Research AC Master couplers on the amps and preamp. I have a very wide sound stage and for the most part the system (albiet modest) sounds pretty good. What I am missing is that 3D sense of the artist being right there with you. It is not nearly as "lifelike" as some of the systems I have heard (Most notably SET Cary gear). Where do I look for improvement--My room, the source, amp, preamp, cables? Or is the bottom line that I have just fallen for what people call the Cary "majik"? Please advise.

Thanks,

Greg
gcarbone

Showing 1 response by lev335

Well It is a combination of all things within your system. I own a krell amp which is better than front row seats but the Levinson I sold was like being in the 15th row. Its all based on where you want to perceive the images. That will dictate to you what equipment you buy. I would try treating your room and moving your speakers closer together and closer to you by towing them in you will acheive a more pin point image. Good Luck