Denon PMA-2500NE or similar "do it all" integrated in US?

I like my current setup- Vincent SV-237, Jolida JD9 II phono amp, Music Hall MMF-7.1 with a Goldring G2400, and Ohm Walsh 3’s (slightly modded). I’ve had the Vincent longer than I’ve ever owned a piece of gear; however, after moving twice in the last 18 months, I’m downsizing (plus, I live in NYC). Not just the stereo- pretty much everything in life. But, I want to have fewer cables, components, and shipping boxes. Granted, I’m just looking to lose the phono amp and headphone amp (and boxes) but that’s what I want to do.
I was planning on buying a Yamaha A-S2100 (used or refurb), but haven’t found a silver one at the right price. I just came across the Denon PMA-2500NE, and it seems to have everything I want (TONE CONTROLS*, discrete headphone circuit, discrete phono amp), but it also has the ability to do digital in case I decide to go that route, which is likely. Apparently, the DAC is pretty nice and not an afterthought.
However, this is a JDM piece and not available in the US. I’m considering buying a SUT, but figured I’d ask for opinions (or, if anyone is familiar with this Denon).

The only amps I know of in this price range are Parasound and Rotel and I don’t like either of those (compared to the Denon).

*My last amp without tone controls was a Rogue Tempest II (similar to The Pharoah, if you aren’t familiar). I liked it but missed the ability to tweak the sound on certain records. Blasphemy, I know.
ron325

Showing 1 response by raul4