Denon DVD-2910 excessive vibration?

I was wondering if it is normal for the Denon 2910 to vibrate with authority? While playing CDs the vibration starts out strong on track 1 and then slowly diminishes with each track to nothing by the time the CD is over. I can't imagine the vibration is good for sound qualty.
wahoo_envy

Showing 4 responses by benandleeann

My 2910 vibrates with sacd's, mostly. It depends on the disc, but I get more vibration as the tracks get higher. Are you going to send yours back? Boy, I'd really like to know if stopping the vibration makes the sound better.
Wahoo envy, please let me know if you get a repair, or if you hear of a "fix" for the vibration. You mentioned that Denon said it shouldn't vibrate, so did they say they could repair the problem? Thanks
What bloomphoto said really makes sense to me - I have noticed the same exact thing, and the "imbalanced disc" idea crossed my mind, but for some reason I dismissed that. Like I said before, my 2910 seems to do it with sacd's, but I bet that certain other discs would too. I havn't heard or seen effects from it, but how would I know if there is a problem - maybe I'm just used to hearing the problem.
It sounds like bloomphoto may have diagnosed why the vibration is happening, but can that be "fixed", or is it just a quirk to have to live with?