Denon DVD 2500BTCI Blue Ray or Denon 3930CI player

I am in need of a new DVD player but can't decide wether to purchase the DVD 2500BTCI transport or the very well acclaimed 3930CI(great price). I do have an Onkyo Pro SC885 pre/processor and can use the internal processing of it to run with the 2500BTCI transport for the new formats. I haven't gone 1080P with (HDMI)TV yet and won't be for awhile until new house/new TV next summer. I'm wondering if the transport(2500) quality is as good as the 3930CI for playing DVD's. My rep for Denon had suggested the 3930CI for the price offered but also mentioned the alternate option of the transport and use the decoding of my Onkyo SC885 pre pro but I can't utilize the transport till I go HDMI to TV. I am not too familiar with a transport set-up and would like if anyone could offer some assistance in my decision.....

Regards BACARDI
128x128bacardi

Showing 1 response by samhar

I don't think you can use the DVD-2500BTCI without a HDTV, from the Denon site description "This device does not have any analog outputs". That means HDMI cable only which you can't use because you don't have a HDMI compatible TV. Enjoy the 3930ci it's up-scaling is very good plus it plays SACD,HDCD,DVD-A-Video etc... I have one and it's gotten more use than my high definition player has. I run HDMI-1.3 cable from the Denon 3930ci>Onkyo NR-905>XBR-4 with no problems.