Denon DP-1200 turntable

I have not had this connected to my system in years...partly due to space restrictions and partly due to the platter rotates at a very high speed no matter how I try to control it. Years ago somebody told me it probably needs a new servo? In any case, to what repair price point should I go with this before considering a totally new turntable? There are not other defects that I am aware of and it's still in very good cosmetic condition. This was a better than average tt in it's time but I really have not kept up on these over the years.
muncybob
In 1978 it sold for $375.00 and worth about $200.00 today for one that is operational. Denon no longer supports this table, so parts and service from Denon is no longer an option. In my opinion I would move on to a newer table. When adjusted in price the $375.00 in 1978 equals $1,266.00 in todays dollars.

There are some very fine turntable out there in that price range and less, both new and used.

My preference is the VPI turntables. VPI is U.S. made, serivice and parts a phone call away. Good dealer network and VPI table have a clear upgrade path to higher performance when time and resources permit. With VPI there is not a built in obsolete factor.
I agree with Ferrari. The very worst thing about the large Japanese companies has always been their lack of support for their products. Even when they are current it is not good. When they are gone it is often nonexistent. I am biased toward VPI, as I am a dealer. There are many other turntables out there which are better than the Denon was in its prime which you can buy for little more than you would pay to fix it. Used tables are often a very good bargain [he says , cutting his own throat] especially those of superior quality. If you do not want to spend a great deal of money Thorens and Rega are usually very good for the money.
Post removed 
I see I never did state what I wound up doing so as an FYI.....I did find somebody local that was able to rectify the problem and for a little under $150 it was fixed and gone over to be fully operational. If the cost would have been any more if it had involved shipping I probably would not have done this. Picked up a JICO SAS stylus for the Shure V15 type V cart I've had for years and am happy to be  spinning vinyl again. Other than a few scratches on the dust cover the unit is cosmetically like new. Hard to imagine for the $$ I have spent the tunes could sound any better.
Dear muncybob: That 1200 is very good TT as almost all Denon DD TTs with motors that even today are a challange to today TT manufacturers.

My adcvise is that you keep it and in this link you can find all the information for a good technician can fix it:

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/denon/dp-1200.shtml  

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
I have a Denon 1250 w/Unitrac and came with a DL103r.  The table is servo, but not quartz controlled. Interesting comparison there.  Brace the cabinet and it performs much better.