Denon AVR1708/3808 vs Onkyo TXSR575/875 matchup? ?

WHO'D WIN?!!!...

Ok, I've heard so many people recommending the Onkyo receivers of late on the Gon here, I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone would be willing to take up the challenge of comparing similar competing models between the Denon and Onkyo(all models are with similar features, including Audyssey EQ, HDMI 1.3,etc), to see who'd come out on top!
Anyone who has, or is willing to purchase and compare "blow-by-blow" analysis of the Denon AVR1708 ($499, 25lbs) vs the Onkyo TXSR575 ($479, 21 lbs) and/or the Denon 3808i ($1599, 40lbs) vs. Onkyo TXSR875 ($1699, 50 lbs), in terms of shear sound quality, from digital connections, HDMI dig connection (movies and music), and direct analog connections, are welcome and incouraged to post.
I want to see who has what to say here!
So, anyone directly had these specific units in their home system to compare, that cares to pipe in?
flrnlamb

Showing 1 response by flrnlamb

Plato, thanks for your response.
Question?: what ways are you running the Onkyo? Are you running digital connection (thus processing PCM in the Onkyo - if you listen to CD's at all?), describing DD/DTS -master receordings w/Digital connection? Do you listen to direct analog connecions from other sources?
I just want to know how you've been using it.
One thing I'm thinking, is that the Dolby -HD and DTS Master processing is obviously a big step up in processing other than listening to old DD/DTS out, analog out of an old DVD player!
Please specify, if you would? Thanks.