Denon 6500 - Am I crazy?

**I know everything is subjective and it all comes down to what I think sounds 'good', but I figured there are some valued opinions here I would love to hear.

Amateur here and first-timer to the forums, but wanting to learn more.  If I land on B&W 704 S2s like I'm eyeing AND I want to leave the door open for creating a Surround/Theater experience for when I watch movies am I being crazy going for something like the AVC-X6500H (140W when driving 2ch @ 8 ohms)?  

I see thousands of 2-channel amps (and I have a decent one that I ordered but hasn't arrived) that people use.  Is that because they are MARKEDLY superior to a multi-channel amp like this one or is because they have no desire for surround and they just pick up a nice 2-ch amp?

I ask because I'm building a theater room for my basement and I want to be able to drive my 704s (not bought yet) but if I'm selling myself extremely short by buying this amp I want to know.

bound4h

Showing 1 response by fuzztone

Seperate. Or you'll end up with the worst of each. I'm with Elliot. 5.1 is plenty for two ears per head.