Denon 2930ci Looks Like Crap on 1080P LCD?

Greetings Agoners.A little over a week ago I jumped on a brand new Toshiba 42" 1080P LCD for my small home theater system, moving up from an older 37" Philips LCD.For the first week I was sourced by a Denon DVD 1920 set at 720P output & the pic was STUNNING.Of course being the typical A/V Phile I figured a new 1080P upconverting DVD/P would really put my tv over the top.Well yesterday I drove 250 miles round trip to pick up a brand new Denon DVD 2930ci.Got home & spent the next 1/2 hour getting the old deck out & the new deck in.Set up all the video parameters & threw in the first disc.NO!!!!!The pic was crap.Processing lines could be seen & it was totaly soft.In went disc after disc with the same result.I went through EVERY video parameter,trying all levels of output,1080P,1080i,720P & even 480/576P&i.Nothing made a bit of difference except to get even worse.W.T.F.?I put the old deck back in along side the new one & the pic was back to it's awesome status.I really want to keep the 2930ci because it's audio output is fantastic & a definite step up from the 1920 but don't think I can justify keeping the $850.00 machine just for an audio disc player.Video cable is an Audioquest HDMi3(top of the A/Q line)& the deck is set up on VibraPods & pluged into a digitally isolated recep on my Pure AV power conditioner.I even tried plugging sraight into the wall but that didn't help either.Any suggestions on what the problem may be & how to fix it?Thanks in advance for any help provided.
freediver

Showing 2 responses by jdlepera

Look up the Toshiba and the Denon here. http://www.avsforum.com The best place for video ?'s
Does the older Denon not upconvert and the newer one does maybe?Let us know the solution when you find it.JD
Check the avsforum and see how the OPPO DVD Player works with your TV. Oppo 981 or 970.Oppo may be to good also. oppo.com JD