Denon 103 vs 103r opinions - Sonic Differences

I will put a Denon 103 or 103r in a alu-body soon, and while trawling the internet for info about sonic differences between the two cartridges I thought I could check here if anyone could kindly share their opinions and experiences in this matter...
go4vinyl

Showing 2 responses by go4vinyl

TOBES - Many thanks!!! for taking the time and sharing the perfect info (the guy should write a book). Now I know I need the 103r (which I will get ASAP) and I got a new thing to obsess over for the future - how would the cart sound in a stone body?
TOBES - many thanks for further info! Yes, weight may be an issue, as you mentioned...also, understood that it's a good cart for the price but won't reach the performance of the much more expensive ones. I am planning for the re-build of my Shelter 7000 (as it's getting there), and want to have a great cart lined up when that happens...of the carts I've used and heard (which aren't THAT many) the Denons have always struck me as the best value for money...I've used DL-304 (and 110 and 140) which was absolutely awesome. Therefore I do have high expectations on the 103r (also, after reading all the praise it keeps getting), with the added 'attraction of the body mod'.