Denafrips maybe have a second thought.

I ordered an ares and received shipment about a week to ten days ago. Initially it would not turn on. Then I saw lights and eventually sound. Not sure what was going on but it was a prelude to what happened next. I liked the sound very musical but when using the first coax input I kept getting this weird volume problem. when a track would start it would cut almost completely off then go back to the original volume. So I needed to send it back which I am doing but it is expensive because there is no USA support at all. I almost bought the Pontus but glad I didn't since it would have cost even more to ship it back.

I am not saying never buy one or bashing denafrips just know if something goes wrong shipping back is exorbitant

viablex1
I think everyone should have two good DACs in their setup these days so that one can double check (A-B) for problems - not every issue is obvious to most listeners so it is good to be able to check against a baseline.

+1 @shadorne 
Post removed 
that makes sense having two units and come to find out he may actually pay the shipping not sure. I feel its kind of gray it did work then that started and you make some good points I am ahead for sure. 

I do have a holo coming and checked with them they do have a usa presence.
Viablex1, i have Ares ,No issue, I play it daily, The lights are hard to see. Its a very musical DAC.

When I owned the Ares I had no problems, probably should have kept it as it was not expensive but sounded very good.

Coincidentally, I have a Holo Spring too, which I'm definitely keeping.