Demo'd a few sets of speakers over the past 2 weeks...

Today I heard the Magnapan 1.7s at my local Hi-Fi. I was interested in hearing the new Maggie LRS, but this is the closest they had. It was good but didn't wow me. Big sound stage, but didn't have the punch and dynamics and bass extension I want. Don't think I will pursue the Maggies any further...
I also heard the KEF LS50s. I think they sounded more Dynamic than the Maggies, big sound stage and good imaging for such a small speaker. Great speaker for what it is, but again, didn't wow me.
These speakers were connected to an anthem tube amp and a rogue audio tube pre-amp with built in phono stage (same electronics as with the Maggies). I think this could be a nice pair for a computer desk for near field listening, but just a tad bright for me. Again fantastic for what they are.
Last week demo'd the Golden Ear Reference Towers (about 10K for the pair) and McIntosh electronics in the neighborhood of 15k total. I found it to be musical, but something seemed off tonally couldn't put my finger on it. I was left wanting more.
Lastly, I demo'd the Klipch RP600M as those had been getting rave reviews (folks saying the brightness had been tamed in this model). I still found the treble too bright and fatiguing so I will not be pursuing these any further either. Too bad, as I was hyping these up in my head.

I'll keep looking, but the current set in my living room are still my favorites (Vandersteen 2Cs from 1989). These speakers can still wow me, but want to see if I can do better for not a high cost.
Next, I would like to hear a pair of 3A sigs and Tekton DI. The later my be extremely hard to get a demo without buying them and doing an in-home trial.
bstatmeister
I got a pair of Dynaudio Special 40’s a couple of months ago. They really are special. Might want to get a listen to a pair. I’m driving them with a Naim SuperNait 2. I’m extremely happy 😊 
Regarding the Klipsch Reference series. They need a lot of run in before the upper frequencies mellow out. Proper setup is also important. I'm guessing that the RP600M you heard at the dealer had neither. Matching to the proper amp also helps as with any speaker.
Hi OP, Richard Vandersteen produces a great speaker and great value. One way to lift the performance is with subs but not just any subs. His own subs are expensive and I believe you can do better. One of his will just add bloat and boom to the power response and 'may' provide reasonable sound at one spot in the room.
noble100 has wisely suggested using multiple subs which is the only way to get truly good bass regardless of the main speakers' bass response. There is much to read on the subject, and I recommend you do. I could go on at length.
Perhaps take the time and look up Rythmik Audio. Brian Ding provides servo sub solutions that can be bought ready to go or as kits. Also GR Research. I have found Rythmik more helpful. The kits are a bargain and the dedicated plate amps are configured for fine adjustment

Servo bass is the best I have heard and Open Baffle subs the best of the best and would be a perfect match for electrostatics or planars. Now that I at last have a house I will be building OB subs to partner my Tannoys, also OB.
At the 2019 AXPONA, which unfortunately I did not attend because I live in a different country, many show reports mentioned the OB servo bass by, I think, Sound Insight partnering GT Audio Works planar speakers. The full towers, 6X12" drivers per side run about $28K a set. Read the rave reviews. Servo bass often awarded best of show at numerous venues.

The parts for 4 drivers and 2 plate amps excluding cost of wood, glue and finish for 2X 12" servo per side when I looked a few years ago was under $1500! These 2 will easily fill my 16 x 22 ft. room. The OB drivers are 16 ohm and 3 per side paralleled is popular. Then add in 1 or 2 more to balance the room. I helped a friend build and install OB subs and 2 sealed subs in sand filled enclosures because he watches movies a lot. Slamming, tight and awesome. No bloat or boom. Servo precision  Use something like Omnimic from Parts Express to measure and remove guesswork in positioning the subs. Its needed to optimise room treatment which is essential 

@axeis1do you think the Special 40’s could be an endgame speaker or just very good. They are o. My short list and oddly the only standmounts. I’m very interested.