Delta Sigma DACs

Can a Delta-Sigma DAC translate both DSD and PCM streams to analog?  If so, how does it handle the inherent differences in their coding formats? If not, are there any brands of DAC that accept both formats?
128x128cheeg
The fact that D/A converter is Delta Sigma does not make it DSD capable - ESS9038pro has interface for DSD but Wolfson  WM8740 doesn't.
I’d send another email to Cambridge tech support asking whether the player is actually reading the Redbook layer or is converting the SACD data stream to PCM format.

Judging by the CXU manual, the menus’ appearance is very similar to my Oppo BDP-103. On the Oppo, there are three options - stereo, multi-channel, CD mode. The last option makes it clear that it’s only reading the CD layer of a hybrid disc.

NOTE: Just found a link that might offer a partial explanation - https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002330445-How-can-I-correctly-set-up-the...

I believe the Audio Format section deals only with digital outputs. For DSD output, you need to connect to an outboard processor using HDMI due to copyright restrictions. If you're using analog outputs, then you should be listening to the SACD layer at all times. Still, I'd send an email back to tech support to confirm.
Hi Cheeg, I'm a CXU owner....
The CXU plays the CD or SACD layer on a hybrid SACD (two or multichannel) you have to decide which in the audio set up menu - also make sure you set it to 'PCM' and NOT 'auto' or 'DSD'  - 'auto' seems to cause a delay and DSD is only if you're intending to send DSD out of the player.
The Wolfson DAC's convert the DSD to PCM on board and only play DSD 64 (two or multichannel) your can also play DSD 64 files from USB sticks or by streaming to it.
You can set it to send out DSD from the player via HDMI so if you can find a DAC to hook up that can decode DSD that's another option....
Hope this helps. 
Thanks @angelwars, I appreciate the additional info, especially since I thought this post had died. Since the last post (before yours) I picked up an old Benchmark DAC (version 1), which made a real improvement in the CXU’s sound with both PCM and DSD discs, but still doesn’t sound quite as good as my limited collection of SACD’s. Have you used any external DACs with yours?