Definitive Technology Monitor 450

HI to Everyone
I was thinking of buying Deftech Studio 450.
Does anybody have any experience with those speakers
Regards
kiza

Showing 2 responses by andrewdoan

I have the same exeprience at the BB/ Magnolia with their Denon ARV however after I bought a SM450 on line ,I am very happy with it. My modest bedroom system is nothing fancy but the Pioneer Elite BDP 95 ( anolog out) and the Rotel Ra 1062 with a 24" metal stand. Both tweeters facing outward. Ic is an old Audioquest and a monster cables speakers. Listenning nearfield 4/5" between 2 Sm450, I am again love the sound of Diana Krall ( Love scenes, Live in Paris) and the Fourplays CDs. I have nothing but a clean, clear and big soundstage. I haven't tested them with my Pioneer RC07 and the Elite BDP05 yet. For $389.00 plus free shipping, I have a brand new, factory sealed pair. I have not spent more than 3 hours with the SM450 yet. Will report later. This is no Martin Logan or Sonus Faber but for the budget of under $400.00, it's a bargain. YMMV! I have bought some NHT M5s before and eventhough Stereophile give the M6 a class A bookshelf, I could not stand the brightness of the M5s. Another budget bookshelf under $400.00 is the POLK RTI A1, sound fanstatic with my Rotel ra 1062. Due to my health and current financial situation, I have learned to stay away from those big boys' toys I once could afford. Good luck in your search for a good budget bookshelf speakers.
Yeah,the SM 450 and Elite RC07 2 channel direct audio is a bit bright and little bit thin on Diana Krall vocal. This combination is for H/T application. Neither harsh and nor sibilant as I recall as the BP6/BP8 I once had in the 80s. The bp10 is a different animal. So if you own a AVreceiver and want pure 2 channel audio you may want to look somewhere else. I bought these simply for H/T application. At the price, it is simply cannot be beat.