Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Charlie, thanks for that - I am surprised that no-one in the UK seems to be steaming! I may end up doing a survey of those available over here as I have about three thousand records a lot of which I do not play because of the amount of dirt / gunge in the bottom of the grooves - this despite cleaning them. This got worse when I started using a MusicMaker cartridge which apart from being very good at playing music is very good at reaching into the bottom of the grooves and extracting all the rubbish! Possibly a reason to go back to spherical diamonds??. Alan
Sondale, Thanks for all the kind words...It means a lot to me. I have received a voice-mail response. They said that international plug-on' wall-warts are ok. Unfortunately, the message didn't leave a clue to the exact unit to buy. Maybe that's my problem for not being more specific. We shall find out for I left a message for further info.

FYI :My Dad to his passing expressed love for the "English" as he prepaired for the Normandy . Surely, I can do no less in honor of Dad and you than get a clear answer .

God save Your Queen, Charlie
Hi Sondale

I'm in UK (Wales) and caught up with this thread yesterday. Then I happened to be in a Lidl store yesterday afternoon and they had handheld steamers like those described for £15.00. Bought one but haven't tried it yet.
UK friends, I hope a store is close to sondale's residence. I still intend to follow-up on the exact wall wart for the SF 227.
I got a steamer from Walgreens, got it set up next to my VPI RCM. During the vacuum cycle I steam the record at the same time, they come out squeeky clean. I just use a home brew of distilled water, alcohol and dish soap to clean and distilled water in the steamer.

Mike