Dedicated power circuit

I am new to high-end audio and basically a skeptic. I never would have believed that cables and interconnects could make a significant difference in the sound of a system. After one year of experimenting, I have seen that the right cables can make a huge sonic difference.

My small system (Plinius 8150, Creek CD-43, B&W Matrix 803, Harmonic Tech Truthlinks and Pro-9s, Powersnake Black Mamba and JPS Digital PC). The system is connected to a 15 amp circuit that is not used by any other loads (although other outlets, etc. are on the circuit). I am using a Hubbell hospital-grade outlet.

I'm considering installing a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

My questions: Is this an important upgrade? If so, is there a special romex-type cable that I should use for the 60' run to my main panel?

Thanks for your advice.
Joel
joeldoss

Showing 2 responses by 42659

Stay away from romex, its Crap. It was never designed for audio applications. The best is 10 guage stranded, silver plated coper with teflon coating. The same wire used in the power snakes. I bought mine from storm products directly. I recall it was about 12-15 cents a foot. I believe ther website is www.stormproducts.com. John
A few of you have asked so hear is the parr # for stormproducts. #WG1037-9. This is UL1180 10 guage 37 strands of silver plated copper. This is what the powersnake man uses to make his expensive chords. He told me this about 1 year ago. I bought 250 feet of wire in Jan 2000 for $270. Its the best I know of. John