Dedicated Line for my home theatre newbie

I see lots of threads but want to double check with all the folks on here for help with my idea to put a dedicated line in. So, I have a simple system that consists of a 55" Plasma, NAD Reciever, Denon DVD-2910 and Monster HTS-3600. The room is directly above the garage which is going to be finished off later this month. Before I get the insulation, drywall up I wanted to run a dedicated line from the main panel to my media room directly above. I was thinking of Romex 10/2 wire but the electrician is saying that is too big for my panel and he suggests 12/2. Does this sound right? Or is he just being lazy because it maybe harder to work with? Planning on using a PS Audio outlet that says it can accept either 12A or 15a. I might go ahead and grab a hubbell Hospital grade that folks here say are good bang for the money. Trying to keep costs down. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
hricikda

Showing 1 response by mt10425

I have two dedicated outlets for my 2 channel rig. I'm not sure about the cost/value for HT. in my HT, I did upgrade the cheap outlets to the best P & S I could buy locally. My HT goes through an APC H15 which also regulates the voltage. Have system similar to yours except for a couple of subs too.