Dedicated circuits? Bldng a new house. Help.

I am in the process of having a house built. I have a 50/50 theater/music system, mostly all Linn stuff, and I am very ignorant about electrical power. My stuff is all currently plugged into a Tice power conditioner, except the amps are plugged directly into the wall. I do not have ANY dedicated circuits. They are all sharing.

I have 2 amps,processor,dvd player,cd player,xbox 360, cable box,and a plasma.

Since I am building, obviously this is the time to do what I need to do. So please help. How many dedicated circuits? What plugs into each one? What do I do with the Tice? What kind of outlets?

Thanks.
rushrx

Showing 1 response by jaf2290

you are in a great position. In a perfect world, run a line for each component you have. If not possible, then as amany as possible...rule of thiumb is to usually keep digital,analog, and high current devices (power amos, power supplies, etc separate). As for the conditioner, ive never used one and have found no reason to do so. I have 2 dedicated lines, each with 20amp circuits. into them i plugged 1 naim strip (the kind that do nothing, no power button, surgge protection, as they worsen the sound). then into each stip i have my gear plugged into them...separating digital and analog. i used 12/2 romex, and simply bought hospital grade receptacles (lots of discussions here about high end/high cost receptacles...although much praise has been given to Albert Porter Ports...do a search if interested.hope this helps