Dedicated Circuit

Hi Everyone,
I installed a 20amp circuit and upgraded my power cords. I was wondering if it is better to plug all of my components into that circuit or separate the amp from from source components, or it it really doesn't even matter.
Presently, I only have my Krell Integrated on the dedicated circuit and the other components pluged into a furman PC and then to another circuit.  My house has 100amp service.
Appreciate any input.
128x128audiosaurusrex
Hi,
agree with @lowrider57 
unless you have hungry power amp one line is fine. Secret is to have your components on same phase.
So from what I’m told by the electrician because I have 100amp service there is no way to separate the “phase”. So presently I have a dedicated 20amp circuit for my Krell Digital Vanguard. Because it’s a duplex plug I could just plug my Furman PC into that other plug for my sources. Just wondered if there was any benefit to either separated or all on that 20amp circuit?
This is a topic where you will get different and conflicting opinions. I run three dedicated 20A circuits. After I installed them, some friends said I should have run four not three. That's how this hobby sometimes goes. Someone may say you missed the holy grail by not doing "X". IMO I think you simply need to try plugging your gear into and your circuit and conditioner in different combinations and go with the result that sounds best to you. FWIW I run 430W mono amps in 2 of the dedicated circuits and run most of my other equipment into a power conditioner that is plugged into the 3rd dedicated circuit. I've tried other combinations. I found having everything plugged into a dedicated circuit helped lower the noise floor overall and it provided me an improvement in my overall SQ--in my system. YMMV

audiosaurusrex OP

38 posts
06-15-2019 12:17pm

So from what I’m told by the electrician because I have 100amp service there is no way to separate the “phase”.
" there is no way to separate the “phase”
What does that mean?