DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
The Vault solution has a lot going for it. I assume you can RIP your CDs as you listen to them. If not there will be a few minutes to RIP, then you can RIP next one in and start listening. From my experience, the internal DAC works fine (use a better one if you want). The BlueSound software will organize your collection, and with little work you can get most of the album art and metadata. Try Roon for an even more involving metadata experience. Plug in a hard drive to the Vault to back up your collection. Done.
If you don’t want to spend the money on a Vault, their are plenty of DIY solutions that will accomplish the same thing. Currently I am RIPing my CDs on my computer, then storing my collection on a networked 2T external drive (I’m at about 150 GB, 50+ FLAC redbook CDs). I do occasional manual backups on a spare 500GB drive, which works fine for now. Use Airplay to send stream to Apple TV or Airport Express (Mac user, you can do the same stuff with PCs). AEX>DAC>output to stereo. You can go AEX>stereo too, but a better DAC may be a good idea, depending on your system.

It’s hard to figure out why anyone would want a dedicated CD player when these options are available. The only thing I can think of is that the physical act of selecting a CD, manually inserting it and looking at the printed material as you listen is essential to your experience. If that’s the case, then I would still buy a Vault instead of a new CD player, and just pretend it is a CD player.
I second the Rotel recommendation. They are as good as it gets for a very reasonable price. I have both and think the Rotel beats the Marantz even though it has less features
While I have never personally heard any Rotel equipment, the owners of their cd players are very loyal so I am sure they sound as good as others have said.  I bought a Marantz SA8005 SACD player last August and sold it in October.  I sounded ok but the controls were so small and flimsy and the sound  although ok, was not really the least bit engaging.  It was like a one note performance.  I was playing it through a McIntosh integrated and GE Triton 1 speakers.  I replaced it with a Mac CD player which sounded great from the first listen.

If you can't afford the Oppo 205 (you can register on Oppo's site to be able to purchase one) at around $1,300, then I would go with the Rotel.  Plus, Rotel is a real  good company that makes low cost  audiophile equipment.