DEDICATED CD PLAYER $1K AND UNDER, THOUGHTS?

Hello All. I'm considering upgrading my Marantz CD5005 cd player. I have enough silver disks to warrant treating them right. The Marantz has been ok but getting longer in tooth. I was curious as to what my fellow 'Goners have heard in the above price range that represent good values (new or used is fine). Amp is a Rogue Sphinx and speakers are new Magnepan MMGi's. Listening tastes are blues, classic rock and a smattering of jazz...Input appreciated...
128x128beernut
I’m with the keeptheCDplayerand buyaDAC crowd.  Just make sure that your current player has digital outs.
Then if you do wish to start burning your CDs to a HD, you can use the DAC for that as well

I just went through the same ordeal, except budget was closer to 2k and I currently use an oppo-205.

I ended up with a Mark Levinson 37 transport and 360S DAC. it is 18 years old and still miles ahead of any digital I have had in my system.

105 Update:

ebaye sells aftermarket 105 parts that are pretty much plug n play. I highly recommend upgrading the IEC and replacing the oem crappy power supply with a Linear Power Module. Mine was only $118 + the iec wiring loom: total < $300

I just sold a Parasound preamp that has a 24/96 dac built it, but it does not play SCAD/DVD A, etc, I only got $~ 650 net for it; $1100 MSRP 

Now, if you need to plug other equipment into a preamp, you are stuck, but if not, you will be amazed