Dedicated AC Line, Part 1,999,957

OK, I've read all the archived discussions on dedicated AC lines and have decided to take the plunge, but still have a few questions: I haven't seen any reference to BX/MC AC cable and I'm thinking of using it. The cable is 3X10ga conductors in a flexible metal shield. The shield connects to the outlet box at one end and the breaker panel box at the other. This seems like a great cable for audio, any reason not to use it? I will be putting in two 4-outlet isolated ground boxes 7 feet apart with the closer one 35 feet from the breaker panel. I'm considering running two separate lines to each 4-outlet box. Will the 7 foot difference in ground length give me ground loop problems? Should I keep them the same length? OR, should I just put all 8 outlets on the same 20Amp line? Finally, if I do go with two lines, how should I divide up my equipment connections. Obviously, I willput digital on one and analog on the other, but on which group should I put the amp and preamp? Thanks
metaphysics
World: Have two separate grounding rods 7 ft parallel connected to 10 ga regular house wire direct to wall plates in parallel too. Parallel connection does lower resistance. Check with an electrician if you are allowed to do this and if in your particular home is safe as well. There's an interesting information on troubleshooting thread Isolated grounding that's very complete. Worth taking a look. Will be adding a second 10 ga. line in parallel as well. Where I live power is not that bad but improvement was good. Regards
Metaphysics: At first glance try leaving the amp alone in one 20 amp breaker and the rest in the other 20 amp. Sometimes analog and digital don't mix that well... so try and keep them apart first. On the other hand the amp does take enough current that it might modulate other equipment. In doing this I have been looking for blacker background and clearer (less muddied ) sound reproduction in complex passages. Currently I have amp in one 20 amp breaker and all other stuff in another one and has worked very good. A little experimentation is in order because different digital equipment do put out different ammounts of noise and power cords you use and conditioners do play their part as well. Try and see what happens with the ground. Hope this helps.
I will be putting in two 4-outlet isolated ground boxes 7 feet apart with the closer one 35 feet from the breaker panel. I'm considering running two separate lines to each 4-outlet box. Will the 7 foot difference in ground length give me ground loop problems? Should I keep them the same length? OR, should I just put all 8 outlets on the same 20Amp line? Finally, if I do go with two lines, how should I divide up my equipment connections. Obviously, I willput digital on one and analog on the other, but on which group should I put the amp and preamp? Thanks
No answers. Let me break up my question: OK, I've read all the archived discussions on dedicated AC lines and have decided to take the plunge, but still have a few questions: I haven't seen any reference to BX/MC AC cable and I'm thinking of using it. The cable is 3X10ga conductors in a flexible metal shield. The shield connects to the outlet box at one end and the breaker panel box at the other. This seems like a great cable for audio, any reason not to use it?