Decware - any substance here?

With such a nice and extensively detailed website, I've long been curious about Decware. But with little in the way of genuine reviews, and not much in the way of discussion here, I always wonder if they are nothing more than that, a great website. They clearly have a dedicated fanbase, but my problem with the fanbase is this: most of them (not all of course) seem to have limited experience with products besides Decware, as if they stumbled upon Decware and never bothered with other brands. Maybe this is positive, that once experienced they don't have the typical audiophile itch to try other amps. I'm specifically struck by the new Torii MKIII push-pull amp, which in description and looks is just beautiful. So does it interest anyone here? Has anyone actually heard it, or it's previous incarnations? If so how does it rate amongst the other quality tube amps, whether Blue Circle, Cary, Vac, Almarro, Atma-Sphere, etc...?
128x128jtnicolosi
I own the CSP2 Pre-amp, and it is a workhorse in my system

CSP2-->20ft DH Labs BL-1 RCA--->Wyred4sound SX-500 mono amps
into Magnepan MMG's

I have to put my ears to the MMG's to hear any noise,hiss, or hum

and the headphone output (Sennheiser HD-650) gets a lot of use

and they are nice looking pieces of equipment, well made

great product, at a fair price
I have a Zen Select. I love it. I wish I had more Decware gear. I wish I bought Decware first. I would have saved thousands of dollars.
The four Decware amps I metioned in my first post are not the only Decware products I have purchased. I also have the phono stage, ZT preamp, HDT's and the RL3 speakers.

All of Decware's offerings are bargins in todays audiophile pricing structure. I still own all of them except the "blue torii".

My "not dead quiet" comment needs more description. I am using the Torri mkII to amplify the mid range (560hz-3350hz) into a 118 db efficient compression driver.Any tube amp will hiss a little when used this way. Power from the Decware amps is low. What do you expect from SET amps. Even the push pull Torrii can not be considered hi power.

Having owned many powerful amps, which were not really musical, I have become fond of the saying " if the first watt s*uks why continue?". So if you have an exciting musical amp and it happens to be lo power- go get some more efficient speakers if it won't play loud enough.

I have voted with my pocket book, DECWARE is a winner!
I'm new here, only because the Decware site is pretty quiet these days, so I started looking around and found Audiogon.

I just had to voice my opinion. I own two Decware amps at the moment, Steve's new DAC and the CSP2 pre-amp. Plus two pairs of his speakers. I have no desire to go looking for anything else. They just plain satisfy. I lusted for years over the high priced gear out there, until I realized they just plain looked better than they sounded.

I first meet Steve at a VASC show in the Seattle area in 2001, after seeing all the rest of the gear at that show, I made my first Decware purchase, and haven't looked back. I've been to his Zenfest a few years and it is simple, laid back, and a lot of fun. I have plans to attend this years fest in just a few weeks.

What I like the most is, you can get Steve Deckert on the phone and talk to the man that built your amp, thats something you can't do with the big boys.
I built the Decware single ended amp kit (EL84s, ~ $350). I also built an Elekit SE kit (~$600) that uses 6L6s and a scratch build 2A3 single ended amp (~$800).
The quality pretty much goes exactly as the cost goes, in my system to my ears. I will say that all sounded very good though. Keep in mind that the Decware kit's sound may be compromised compared with a factory built unit (PCB vs. point to point, etc.).
That's pretty much my experience with Decware and with low power SE amps.

The OP made the point that he felt many Decware owners don't have a lot of experience with other equipment so it's hard to get a good read on where the Decware stuff falls. Aside from 1 or 2 posters, in this thread it seems that this may be the case.