Decent software for classical LP collection mgmt?

My classical LP collection has grown out of control with various recent church bazaars and tag sale acquisitions. I need to get organized. My CD's have long been on a music server and thus they are all neatly databased, with cover art and lyrics. But my LP's are a mess.

About 10 years ago I had started to do this using a spreadsheet for the first 1500 or so albums. But I find now that I didn't record a lot of fields that I'm more interested in today (like I didn't rate any of them for condition or performance quality). Also, I keep discovering duplicate copies of stuff where I might sell it or donate the lesser copy to my church.

Anyway, this sounds like an all-winter data entry project, so I'm looking for a program that will make it as easy as possible. Any suggestions??

Thanks!
dfhaleycko

Showing 1 response by buconero117

I use collectorz, mainly because it can read bar codes. I keep vinyl in a separate data base from cd's, easier to handle. From time to time I merge the bases into a single base for searching only. Entry is done is each base. Yes, many vinyl titles never got an equal cd, so manual entry is needed in most cases.