David Berning Quadrature Z or Vitus SS-101

I've been using a Vitus SS-101 for some time and it's certainly a fantastic amp. I've been wanting to try a great tube amp that's not sloppy in the bass and i've negotiated the purchase of a David Berning Qaudrature Z. I will a/b test on my system and sell the one that loses the shootout. Any thoughts on what's the better amp?
128x128davidhyman
i've thought about that. i guess my only concern would be raising the positioning of the tweeter relative to the listening position. it took many days of measurement to get speaker placement right. the speakers dispersion characteristics are not awful but not great either. i'd probably get some high frequency roll off if i jacked the speakers up more than an inch from where they're at now.
Nothing a few coasters under your chair or couch legs won't cure...;o)

My speakers use 106dB Fostex T900A. Overall, positioning of the double-horn speakers and dual subs was an arduous task that I am in no hurry to repeat.

The manufacturer, the late Terry Cain, suggested I use a cheap laser level for construction to properly set angle in the vertical range towards my listening height. It worked pretty well.

Might be a little more difficult with your speakers due to their sheer weight and the level would have to be fixed in the horn mouth with some plumbers putty, etc.

I'd guess you'd have to fix a piece of art board in your listening position. Then, set the laser levels in the horn mouth and mark exactly where they hit the board. After placing the speakers on the isolation device, adjust the speaker and raise the rear spike until the lasers hit the spot again.
hey, seriously good point on raising the chair!!! never ever thought about that. that's genius!!!
From the pictures of your speakers, it looks like your room carpet on cement slab, is this true? Or, is your floor suspended wood?