David Berning Quadrature Z or Vitus SS-101

I've been using a Vitus SS-101 for some time and it's certainly a fantastic amp. I've been wanting to try a great tube amp that's not sloppy in the bass and i've negotiated the purchase of a David Berning Qaudrature Z. I will a/b test on my system and sell the one that loses the shootout. Any thoughts on what's the better amp?
128x128davidhyman

Showing 2 responses by tubegroover

I doubt too many can help with your inquiry. In any case you´re going to get you answer soon enough. I wish I were so blessed as to have such products to choose from. Please do keep us posted of your impressions, I´m sure many will be paying attention.
Rtn1, your comments are very interesting to say the least. I have never heard either of your observations attributed to the zotl amps by Berning. Must have been some other issue. I own the zh270 which is less refined than the quadratures and the amp is neither noisy nor does it congest large music passages, to the contrary. It is both quiet and able to unravel complex music while maintaining scale. I would be most interested in the system and more of the details.